3 Hours 0 Mins from our holiday cottages
80 Miles from our holiday cottages
Llyn Brianne, Ceredigion
Llyn Brianne Reservoir via Cambrian Mountains
About 80 miles and 3 hours driving time, a circular route clockwise in number order. There is some really spectacular scenery along the way!
I have assumed you will be using SatNav and have provided postcodes rather than detailed directions.
There are lots of dog walking opportunities along the way, take your walking shoes, a good map and hold on tight for stimulating driving!
Each of the way points has an entry in our local area guide and links to them are provided.
1. From Stallion valley head north along the A475 Lampeter.
2. At Lampeter, SA48 7BB, turn left and then fork right for Tregaron.
3. Tregaron SY25 6JL Here is good place to stop for fuel, food & drinks before heading off along the mountain road. Turn right for the Town centre, heading for the square, behind which is a pay & display car park.
4. Leaving the car park turn right onto "the mountain road” signposted Abergwesyn. Try using the following post code which is for a village close to Llyn Brianne reservoir SA20 0PG, but keep an eye on your map to make sure Sat Nav is taking you along "the mountain road”. Go straight on, ignore to sign for Llyn Berwyn (after about 4 miles), at the next junction keep right, about 0.5 mile further on you see the first signpost for Llyn Brianne turn right here.
5. After about 3 miles you will come to a junction offering 3 roads fork left, uphill, signposted Rhandirmwyn. About a mile further on at a T junction, turn right signposted Llyn Brianne. Along this road there are wonderful views down to the reservoir and a number of view points, including one at the dam!
6. Continue on along the same road and about a mile further along is Dinas Nature Reserve SA20 0PG where there are some lovely walks and good birdwatching opportunities.
7. About a mile further along there is a signpost for The Towy Bridge Pub SA20 0PE and Cwrt Cadno SA19 8YP, turn right here over the bridge over the River Towy. Last time we were here the pub was closed.
8. Turn right again along this road which takes you down the Cothi Valley past Cwrt Cadno and on to Dolaucothi Goldmines NT SA19 8US and the A482 at Pumsaint (about 8 miles).
9. Turn right and follow the A482 past Springwater Fishing lakes into Lampeter, where you will pass a large CO-OP SA48 7AF on your right if you need any groceries.
10. Carry straight on through Lampeter High Street back to Stallion Valley SA44 4LR
The Mill holiday cottage is a luxury barn conversion.
The Byre holiday cottage is a single storey barn conversion.
Cwm March Farmhouse Cottages