3 Hours 0 Mins from our holiday cottages
100 Miles from our holiday cottages
Road trip Tenby & The Preseli Mountains
About 100 miles with 3 hours driving, a circular route clockwise in number order.
I have assumed you will be using SatNav and have provided postcodes rather than detailed directions.
You will not be able to do everything along the way the idea is that you can choose according to your interests and the weather!
Each of the way points has an entry in our local area guide and links to them are provided.
1. The first waypoint is Carmarthen SA31 2NF the post code is for Morrisons, if you need some groceries. Before you get there, when you get the roundabout at the A48 turn right and head West along the A40 to
2. National Trust Colby Woodland Garden SA67 8PP: A beautiful woodland garden, walled garden, walks, café, shop & gallery. It is about ½ a mile through the garden to Amroth where there is a beach cafes and Pubs.
3. Tenby SA70 8AA We think the best place to park is north beach car park, follow the signs as you enter Tenby for the cottage hospital it is next door. Tenby has beaches, a harbour, boat trips, castle walls and lots of shops for tourists.
4. Llys y Fran Reservoir & Country Park SA63 4RR: Visitor centre & café in a beautiful lake-side setting where you can fish, sail, walk, cycle and enjoy the spectacular views of the 100ft dam and the surrounding countryside.
5. Rosebush SA66 7QU Rosebush scenic old slate quarries and direct access to the great walking on the Preseli Hills. A characterful pub, Tafarn Sinc, there is also a bistro and bar in The Old Post Office and Pant Mawr Cheeses a fantastic farm shop where you can pop in, have a coffee and sample their cheeses.
6. Preseli Mountainsls head north on B4329. Stop at the car park on your right and admire the views. The landscape is wild moorland, heath and grassland and has been compared with Dartmoor in Devon.
7. Pentre Ifan Burial Chamber SA41 3TZ The best preserved neolithic Burial Chamber (dolmen) in Wales. The Pentre Ifan Dolmen is a collection of 7 principal stones. The largest is the huge capstone, 5 metres long.
8. Cenarth and the waterfalls on the River Teifi SA38 9JL The pretty little village stands on the banks of the River Teifi where it drops down through the wooded gorge to hard rocks to produce a spectacular series of waterfalls.
9. Newcastle Emlyn SA38 9AJ Newcastle Emlyn is a busy market town which grew up around a crossing point over the River Teifi. Here the River Teifi twists and turns and made an ideal defensive position for Newcastle Emlyn’s castle. Although the castle is in ruins, the town is lively and has lots of shops, 2 antiques centres, cafes and pubs.
10. Prengwyn, Stallion Valley SA44 4LR
The Mill holiday cottage is a luxury barn conversion.
The Byre holiday cottage is a single storey barn conversion.
Stallion Valley has been designed to be properly dog friendly, and has a wide range of dog friendly facilties.
Cwm March Farmhouse Cottages