Cenarth and the waterfalls on the River Teifi
The pretty little village stands on the banks of the River Teifi, between Newcastle Emlyn to the north and Cardigan to the south. It has a population of about 1,000 the majority of whom speak welsh. The
River Teifi is the county boundary and like many villages along the Teifi, Cenarth has in a foot in Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire
Here, the River Teifi drops down through the wooded gorge to hard rocks to produce a spectacular series of waterfalls.
The power of the water has been used by Mills at Cenarth since the 13th century and there is a 17th century water mill, which was still operating in the 1930’s to visit.
The fast-flowing waters of Cenarth Falls are well known for the yearly spectacle of the salmon and sea trout leaping the falls during their migration (Salmon mainly in September and October, and sea trout between June and August).
Cenarth Bridge is the central focus of the village is the bridge over the Teifi which was built in 1787 by William Edwards. The bridge features circular holes that reduces the weight of the bridge without losing strength.
Other visitor attractions, 2 pubs, 2 café s, a gift shop, riverside walks, seventeenth-century flour mill and coracle museum.
There is an honesty pay £2.50 car park adjacent to the salmon leap café or a free car park on the other side of the river near the picnic area