1 Hours 13 Mins from our holiday cottages
40 Miles from our holiday cottages
Bwlch Nant yr Arian, Ponterwyd, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion
SY23 3AD (Sat Nav)
Tel: 01970 890453
“ The red kite feeding is an incredible spectacle, 110’s of kites spectacular aerobatics. ”Stallion Valley Holiday Cottages Advice
Bwlch Nant yr Arian Walks
A Forestry Commission visitor centre situated high above the Melindwr (Watermill) Valley with panoramic views of Cardigan Bay and The Cambrian Mountains.
Great Forestry commission walking including some way marked trails:-
• The Barcud (red kite) Trail is wheelchair accessible 1.2 km, easy, around a pond via the red kite feeding area.
• The Miners trail 2.4 km, moderate, in part the path follows a leat that once carried water from upland lakes to lead mines in the valleys below.
• The Ridgetop Trail, 5 km, moderate, wonderful views to Cardigan Bay in the west and The Cambrian Mountains to the east.
Wet and slippery in places walking shoes with a good grip are recommended.
Nant yr Arian means the silver stream and further up the valley are the remains of the old lead and silver mines that once brought prosperity to the area.
Today the visitor centre has something for everyone:-
• Café & toilets
• Gift shop
• Information centre and educational walks
• Children’s play area
• A wheelchair accessible lake side walk
• Walking trails
• Mountain Biking
• Bird watching & Red Kite feeding (3pm summer 2pm winter)
Visitor Centre Cafe Opening Hours:
The Café is open 7 days a week (Closed Christmas & Boxing Day) 10am - 5pm: Our hot food is served between 10am and 3pm daily
Car parking £3 for the day, entry is free.
The Mill holiday cottage is a luxury barn conversion.
The Byre holiday cottage is a single storey barn conversion.
Stallion Valley has been designed to be properly dog friendly, and has a wide range of dog friendly facilties.
Cwm March Farmhouse Cottages